oil consumption

I purchased my 99 Trooper new in 2/99 and have 51600 miles on it. It has had full synthetic oil from the first oil change. I have changed the oil 11 times since I have had it. I have added 1 quart of oil total in
between all of the oil changes. Seems to me the 3.5 engine likes synthetic. YMMV. Ron

Synthetic is what Isuzu recommends, its written very clearly under the hood. Despite this, every service for the past 4 years has put in el cheapo oil... (10-W40, 20-W50). Its the reason I always try another service station place. One thing I did notice is that the Trooper uses no extra oil when the normal stuff is used... Mine is a 7/99 with a 3.0 common rail diesel engine. Apparently synthetics are even more important in these engines but as I say the austrian mechanics dont give a damn. Obviously if you change your oil yourself you get what you want. Mine just has one service / year, about 73000km on the clock now. Love this 4x4, if Isuzu doesn't bring out any more such models its my last vehicle. Its been rebadged by Opel but Opel itself never made such quality. End of the week we're taking it on a holiday trip to the Greek island of Lefkas via the ferry from Venice. Curious how the Trooper will take to coastal life and the greek roads which I hear are '4x4 optimized' :-/
madiba