Onboard computer needs replacing?

2001 Rodeo was having trouble starting. Mechanic says onboard computer needs replacing for $3400?!!! Any suggestions on finding this item for less money or any other suggestion would be appreciated.
Reply to
Secret Agentman

"Secret Agentman" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

computer

a used one, especially on a 4 year old car. the used one that i had to buy for a friends suburban was $100

Reply to
electro punk

Try

. I'd be looking for a non-crack smoking mechanic too. Andy

Reply to
Busman

Reply to
<djmcreynolds1

Try

I used them once and it was about $425 plus a $125 core deposit. They were quick and good to deal with. I had the same thing, the dealer wanted $2800 for my ECM which is more then the worth of my 1990 Amigo.

Good Luck

Reply to
John Smith