Onboard computer needs replacing?

2001 Rodeo was having trouble starting. Mechanic says onboard computer needs replacing for $3400?!!! Any suggestions on finding this item for less money
or any other suggestion would be appreciated.
"Secret Agentman" <grubworm.comcast.net> wrote in

computer
a used one, especially on a 4 year old car. the used one that i had to buy for a friends suburban was $100
-
Try http://car-part.com/ . I'd be looking for a non-crack smoking mechanic too. Andy
"Secret Agentman" <grubworm.comcast.net> wrote in message

yes check this site out http://ecmsplus.com we rebuild engine and transmission control modules at a fair price with warranty "Secret Agentman" <grubworm.comcast.net> wrote in message

needs
money
Try http://www.autoecms.com /
I used them once and it was about $425 plus a $125 core deposit. They were quick and good to deal with. I had the same thing, the dealer wanted $2800 for my ECM which is more then the worth of my 1990 Amigo.
Good Luck