Please help??? Draining coolant '98 rodeo...

Hi,

I'd like to drain the coolant on my '98 Isuzu Rodeo, 3.2L V6 (4wd). I found the drain on the bottom of the radiator. The Haynes manual says there should be 2 more drains, 1 on each side of the engine block. I can't find these 2 drains. Can someone please try to help me find them? What do they look like? What tool is needed to remove them? Is there a photo anywhere of them? As much detail as possible would help. (When describing locations, please use "left" side as "drivers" side).

Thanks!

Reply to
keith98rodeo

They are probably hidden by the exhaust manifolds... and useless. They are on my 94 Rodeo with 3.2l SOHC. You have to flush it three or four times (empty radiator... fill with plain water... run to open thermostat... repeat) to get all the old coolant out. Splicing a tee fitting that connects to a garden hose into a heater hose helps a lot with this. Prestone sells a kit with the tee fitting and a splash deflector that is perfect for this.

BuddyWh

Reply to
BuddyWh

What do you do with your old coolant? It is illegal to dump it on the ground or down the drain. Once a year the city sets up a hazerdous waste collection at city parks but its a pain to wait for that.

Reply to
Miles

I catch the first drains in a big pan and let it evaporate, which it readily does. The latter drains are so dilute it just doesn't matter anymore.

It's sweet tasting and poisonous... dogs will lap it up if you leave it undiluted in puddles. That's where the hazard is... because otherwise it evaporates.

Back in Texas, many auto shops and auto parts stores would take in used oil and coolant, adding it to theirs, and sell it to recyclers. I don't know what they do here in Pennsylvania... guess I'll have to find out.

BuddyWh

Sun, 13 Jun 2004 19:02:00 -0700, Miles wrote:

Reply to
BuddyWh