procedure to tighten wheel freeplay

could someone comment on steps to tighten steering wheel freeplay on a 1993 isuzu trooper with power steering?
I do have access to the original mechanics manual but wasn't certain that/if
I can just tighten the top bolt of the steering box on the drivers side (left) or is there something else to look out for?
any help is appreciated
Before you adjust the steering box, I'd check everything else. Do the Troopers have a "drag link"? If so, I'd look closely at that, the tie rod ends, and the ball joints. Andy 99 Amigo

Busman wrote:

can you give a little more details, please? what specific condition are you suggesting to check?
many thanks
For starters, I'd go to: http://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewforum.php?f=1 I am not familiar with the Trooper steering system as I have only had Amigos but if you have a question, there are folks there who do know. In my personal experience - very little of it with Isuzus - the steering box is the last thing to show wear. The other things (drag links, tie rod ends, ball joints) are all items that wear out and are replaceable. I've done both ball joints and tie rod ends on my Amigo and they're not all that difficult. Generally, a steering box will last hundreds of thousands of miles before needing adjustment or replacement. Wish I could help more. Andy