Re: 99 Amigo Owners Manual

Jeff, My 99 is an infinitely better vehicle Both of mine were automatics. Gas mileage on the 99 is pretty bad - 17mpg - but the power is great. It's more comfortable, quieter (even though it has a soft top and my 93 had a hard top), much more advanced, and less roomy inside. The character of the 93 was different. I never cared about power, comfort, etc. I loved the hard top as I could have it off and on within a few minutes and not have to worry about it getting rained in as there was nothing to get damaged. It also looked better in my opinion. I'm glad to be back in an Amigo but it's different. Eventually, I'll have another early one as a toy. I don't know about the winter/power switch as I live in Texas and don't see much of a winter. I'm pretty sure they work in both 2wd and 4wd though. I cant imagine needing more power. I'd suggest

as they are a great source ofinfo. My Amigo had the "thump" in the driveline and I suspected a u-joint orrear end problem and this was listed in the FAQ there and I was able to fixit myself easily (slip joint out of grease). Also had the problems with therear hatch pin switch listed as the cause for random alarm problems and thistoo was an easy fix and the neighbors sleep better. Take care,Andy

99 Amigo V6 2WD Auto
Reply to
Busman