Re: Trooper in the UK

Isuzu has been totally finanically restructured over the last couple of years - it was practically bust. GM used to have a 49% stake in Isuzu, which has now reduced to around 12%. As part of the restructuring GM has written off some Isuzu debt and bought out some Isuzu commercial diesel manufacturing plants.

There are several references on the web about Isuzu's dire financial position and the restructuring.

Cheers Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Kay

difficulty.

Dave, who works for Isuzu has another view. I have heard the same as Andrew and also that Isuzu will reduce to what is basically a pick-up truck manufacturer, which is surely unsustainable. This is some of what Dave told me and I hope he doesn't mind because there is no great secret in it.

"Isuzu like al other Japanese companies are experiencing cash flow issues. This is no reflection on the company or the business. Isuzu are one of the strongest companies in Japan.

GM have actually increased their holdings of Isuzu to 60%. This includes Isuzu Japan, Isuzu Germany and Isuzu Poland. All these are very important companies."

It strikes me that if Isuzu were one of the strongest companies in Japan then their economy must be in truly dire straits. Strong companies do not need financial bail-outs and neither do they commonly shrink substantially in output but mostly expand. In my experience, a company's workers are about the last to know of its demise. The big question is, "what are Isuzu dealers going to sell in sustainable and profitable volume after Trooper"? The pick-up will surely not keep Isuzu UK in business. Neither will the tiny volume of cars.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

The facts are a matter of public record.

See this page for details of the rescue package:

See also the Isuzu investor relations page at:

Many investors and employees believed that of Marconi too - until they learned better. Debt for equity swaps are about avoiding insolvency - not about temporary cash flow problems. Isuzu is in *very* serious financial difficulty.

Cheers Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Kay

GM actually have 60% share in Isuzu Japan, Isuzu Germany and Isuzu Poland. They also have 49% share if Isuzu Europe.

Reply to
Dave

Strange that as Isuzu cannot meet the demand for trucks they are actively recruiting over 100 new employees for Fujisawa plant.

Whilst I don't doubt the information you have found, I think that this is not the complete picture.

restructuring

2-p6.htm

Reply to
Dave