Re: Turn signal trouble

Dirt in the lever connections on the console?

Hello; > > I have an 89 pickup 2.3L. Today I started to get the fast > clicking from the flasher when I made a right turn. It was > intermittent some times it would work fine. I figured a bulb was > either out or just about to burn out. I have checked the bulbs by > switching them left to right both front and back and they work fine on > the left but not the right. Still get the fast clicking and no > blinking lights. All 4 bulbs flash when emergency switch is used. It > makes no difference on the left side if the bulbs are in or out. > Tried a new flasher with similar results. > Same thing happened 5 years ago but a new flasher solved the > problem that time. The new flasher is same brand and model (triden > ep34) as I used last time with good results. I have looked at the > fuses and swapped out with no result. Could it be the switch in the > steering column? Maybe a bad ground or loose connection somewhere? > > Any ideas are appreciated!! This one has me stumped and I am getting > tired of putting my arm out the window every time I turn right!!!! > > JW
Reply to
Jim Helfer

I'll second Jim's post... Take off the steering column plastic halfs and clean the contacts the best you can.. I had that exact problem once.

Reply to
Ben Smith