Rear Brake Drum 2002 Rodeo

I replaced the front brake pads on my dad's 2002 rodeo and bought a manual to do the rear Hydraulic drums. The only problem is that I can't get the brake drum off of the axle!! Does anyone know if there is some kinda trick
to it?
I tried using PB Blaster on the studs and around the flange. Then knocking it with a lead filled hammer and a regular 3lb hammer to loosen it up, but nothing works? Any ideas?
Thanks
Mike

the axle. I recall on my 86 Trooper, there was one on each side... of course, take it out if you find one. Next, where are you whacking the drum? You should be hitting the drum right between the wheel studs, and in order to do that w/o hitting a wheel stud, you'll need either a large, flat punch or real good aim with your hammer - I'd recommend putting a couple of stud nuts on the studs to protect them from a wayward whack. Finally, hit it flat and hard - and don't hit the end of the axle, or you'll mushroom the axle end, swelling it, and you'll never get the drum off. The goal is to hit the DRUM in the area of the axle, between the studs and right around the axle end where it sticks through.. as that's where it most often is stuck.
If all else fails, I've used a blue-tipped wrench (O/A torch) to gently heat the drum around the axle and break it free... but only as a last resort. Hope this helps. R/ Steve