rear end problems?

i have a 93 rodeo 4x4, When i slow down or start going i am hearing a grinding noise like the rear end is going, I am going to try putting more gear oil in it but idont think it will help unless it is low, Is
there any thing else that this might be like and axle going, I check the universal joints they seem fine.
I do have a uv boot gone in the front end, would that possibly have anything to do with it?
Does the noise get worse when rounding a corner? That's when we heard the noise when the diffy went bad on a friend's car. Except, it wasn't so much a grind as a whining. I think the noise gets more noticeable the greater the differential speed between the two wheels.
The bad boots could cause a noise, but I'd think only when in 4x4 as the front axles shouldn't be turning at any other time (your's doesn't have full time 4WD does it?)
BuddyWh
On 19 Mar 2005 15:06:39 -0500, 93isuzirodeeo4x4