rebuilding trooper engine

anybody rebuilt a 1993 trooper engine? it's the dohc 3.2 liter engine. am going to do the work myself
anything special to look out for or suggestions for better replacement parts?
I'll replace the alternator and starter at the same time since I'll have the engine out and easy access to all parts and controls.