removing decals

hi all i want to remove some pvc decals which have faded. any ideas of the best method to due this? doc

Body shops have a wheel that is simular to a big pencil eraser that chucks into a pnuematic die grinder to remove the decals without damaging the paint. I would talk to a body guy since this is a piece of cake job for them and would probably charge you less than the cost of the wheel. They would also assume liability for any burnt paint or other damage.

the method I've used is a hair dryer, 3M adhesive remover and a plastic putty knife. basically I heated up the sticker, peeled it off with the putty knife and used the 3m stuff w/ a rag to get any of the residue.
HTH, Bret