Rodeo 1995 2.6L Towing a Boat ?

Hello I am planning to tow a 3500 lb load (Boat) with an ISUZU Rodeo 1995 2.6L rated for 2 000 lb towing in the owner's manual. Do you think it will not work ? The road to the lake is flat and about 10 miles.

On 13 Apr 2004 18:00:40 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@charter.net (Jean) wrote:

that's a really bad idea. you want to tow almost twice the tow capacity of your vehicle... the rodeo's brakes aren't up to it and I'd say neither is the transmission.
don't do it.
_bret
Jean wrote:

Not a chance. Getting the boat back out of the water will most likely rip up your transmission. The engine won't last long either. And I hope you don't have to make any emergency panic stops from someone cutting you off.
My 1999 Amigo has a V6 and is rated to 4,000lbs. Even then I would not want to tow that much with it. Too short of a wheelbase for very good handling.