rodeo dipstick length

My daughter has a 2001 Rodeo AWD with the 3.2 engine. To make a long story short, I suspect the dipstick is the wrong one. I know I have seen references giving dipstick lengths, but cannot find it. Can anyone tell me what the length of the dipstick should be? ( Dealer didn't know)

Thanks in advance Backally Bob

Reply to
backally

(Attempting mind reading) - yes it does really use that much oil. ;-)

OK, seriously...don't know your problem (probably not?), but the Isuzu 3.2 v6 is famous for using oil. Just ask anyone that has one. If that's far from your issue, the please feel free to ignore my post. Unfortunately, I don't have any info dipstick lengths (short of measuring the one in our 94 Trooper, but I'm not sure what might have changed in the years between them).

Wesley

Reply to
Wesley

Even after an oil change, filter and 5 qts it doesn't even register on the dipstick. Only thing I can think of would be wrong dipstick. Don't know how that would have happened, but seems like the logical thing.

Thanks though. Backally

Reply to
backally

When you asked the dealer what the dip-stick length should be, did you also ask them what the correct oil capacity is for that engine?

I think those 3.2L engines take 6.0 liters of oil... which is about 6.3 US quarts.

Reply to
DaddyMonkey

The oil dispstick is 26 7/8" long. This is from the edge of the rubber stopper on top. Just measured the one on my 99 Amigo with the 3.2. The dipstick should be twisted and have a yellow rubber-coated ring at the top.

The oil capacity is 6.3 Quarts for the "factory fill". The capacity for oil changes (with filter change) is 5.0 US quarts. This is from the owners manual in my 99. Andy

99 Amigo V6
Reply to
Andy

Thanks much, really appreciate it. Also, Hayes manual says 5.0 quarts for 98 and after 3.2, and 5.7 for earlier models. But I couldn't find that dipstick length anywhere. Thanks again.

Reply to
backally

Reply to
Andy

It always took 6 quarts to bring my 2000 RODEO 3.2 to the full mark.

The shop manual lists the engine oil capacity as 5.3 leters, no info listed on dipstick length.

Dawhey

Reply to
Dawhey

replying to backally, Keith Whittemore wrote: Hello. Did you find out the length of the dipsrick on the 3.2 liter Isuzu Rodeo?

Reply to
Keith Whittemore

replying to Andy, Maria wrote: This is my problem as well. I let my son borrow the Rodeo and for 3 years and then when I got it back and had an oil change, after a couple of weeks I checked it and it doesn't register! ZERO! So I had another oil change. SAME THING! No drips, engine cab clean, not burning smoke! So my brother said sounds like the wrong dipstick! Could it be? I have a 1999 Isuzu Rodeo 3.2 as well. Could the dipstick be the same length?

Reply to
Maria