rodeo rear speakers

anybody have any advice on replacing rear speakers in 99 rodeo. bought used...rear speakers are horrible.

Marc Graye wrote:

Front sounds horrible too. They are just cheap paper cone speakers. I have a 99 Amigo which pretty much is the same as your rodeo. I replaced the two rear speakers with Alpine 6". They bolt right in. In the front I put 6" MTX's. I had to drill new mounting holes which is easy since it's just plastic. I also had to use a dremel tool to file away just a bit of plastic on the door panels speaker grill to allow clearance for the speakers tweeter cone. I also replaced the factory 6-CD changer stereo with a single CD Alpine unit. It now sounds great!!

cool..i will see what i can do.
Try www.crutchfield.com...they've got pretty good stuff, and I'm lucky enough to live close to one of their stores... :-)
Wesley