self-remote starter installation

Hey there, I have a remote starter that i'd like to put into my Isuzu Pickup (1992) Automatic no pwr locks or pwr windows....no alarm....just a basic install, they remote starter i've got comes with install directions is this something that me and a bud can handle, or are there things I should know about, any info would be really appreciated.

Thanks folks.

:-)

Cheers.

Reply to
Schiele Jr

Becarefull on your installation cause do this auto start sometime may cause problem with your stater motor. (no cut off)

"Schiele Jr gomcse.com>" Hey there, I have a remote starter that i'd like to put into my Isuzu Pickup

Reply to
Mohd Nazry Bin Mustapa

I used to be a remote starter installation tech a few years back. You probably install it yourself depending on the brand of the starter.The bulldog brand is probably the easiest one and most reliable one to install. I am not 100% positive but if I remember correctly your truck should be a positive pulse system. Most remote starters are color coded for a GM vechicle. you will need to get the wire code colors for an isuzu and match them up with the instructions for the wires on the starter. You will have 5 or 6 wires to hook up depending on the starter. One of the wires on the starter (usually green) will hook to the positive wire on the brake pedal. This is a shut off feature so if someone gets in the car while it is running if they push the pedal before the key is inserted it will shut off. If you need any assistance feel free to e-mail me at snipped-for-privacy@aol.com. I will do my best to try to walk you through it or awnser questions you have.

Reply to
captain