Serpentine Belt REMOVAL help...1998 ISUZU RODEO 4X4 LS

Hi guys...just need someone to point me in the right direction. I need to loosen the tension on the serpentine belt, and have all the diagrams, etc. However, I don't know what is necessary to put it in
the "loose" position...as to replace the generator/alternator. Any ideas on what I need to do?
I've always had vehicles with multiple belts...any assistance would help me a ton.
Thanks.
I need to figure out how to increase the tension on mine, as it squeals when I start it. Any input would be appreciated. '96 3.2 v6

Bret...
I know on the 1998 and later use a serpentine belt that auto-adjusts. No tightening necessary. Hopefully we'll get some folks who know their stuff ;)

dudedopey wrote:

Well, my rodeo is 95 and a half.. and tightening the alternator belt on it was actually fairly simple once you knew how to do it.
There is a little set of bolts at the bottom of the alternator, one turns a bolt that moves the alternator back and forth, and another tightens it down, or loosens it up so you CAN move it, or to lock it in place after you've moved it.
the "adjuster" used a 9mm socket, and the other was a 11 or 12 i believe.. You also might need to loosen the bolt at the top of the alternator so it can "swing" there.. Then just crank on the adjuster bolt until it's tight.
Chuck
dudedopey wrote:

Very easy to do: The tensioner is located above the alternator. If you have an 8mm allen wrench, use it to turn the tensioner arm clockwise with one hand, and remove the drive belt with the other. If you don't have the allen wrench, use any 15mm wrench instead at the tensioner pulley nut to achieve the same.
Thanks...that did the trick!