Servicing Auto-Hubs

The service schedule for my 95 Trooper specifies a periodic cleaning and repacking of the front wheel bearings is necessary. At the same time, the free-wheeling hubs should be cleaned and lubed.

I haven't had the thing apart yet, but looking in the manual, this job looks a real pain in the arse.

Is it necessary to strip the whole thing down, or is this job a lot easier than it looks on paper? (Normally, it's the other way around!).

If anyone's done this job, some guidance would be appreciated please?

Thanks.

Paul C.

Reply to
Paul Cohen

Thanks Erik-Jan. I've had this apart now, but I only got as far as the hub nut, because you need a special tool to undo that :-(.

How did you get the nut off?

Paul C.

Reply to
Paul Cohen