Servicing Auto-Hubs

The service schedule for my 95 Trooper specifies a periodic cleaning and repacking of the front wheel bearings is necessary. At the same time, the free-wheeling hubs should be cleaned and lubed.
I haven't had the thing apart yet, but looking in the manual, this job looks a real pain in the arse.
Is it necessary to strip the whole thing down, or is this job a lot easier than it looks on paper? (Normally, it's the other way around!).
If anyone's done this job, some guidance would be appreciated please?
Thanks.
Paul C.
Geniets) wrote:

Thanks Erik-Jan. I've had this apart now, but I only got as far as the hub nut, because you need a special tool to undo that :-(.
How did you get the nut off?
Paul C.