Shocks RS5000

I have about 60,000 on my 1999 trooper. I was thinking of upgradeing the shocks for better performance, a little less floaty feel. I was thinking of Rancho
RS5000 pretty much because they are availible. I'll be putting them on myself. Will upgradeing the shocks make a difference?. Is there a better shock I should be looking at?
The Trooper has been a great truck except for the exessive oil burning, 1 quart every two tanks of gas. Hopefully it will last anouther 5 years.

I put KYB Monomax on my 98 Trooper - imho best bang for the buck.

I have 135K miles on the clock, and still going strong. Suspension didn't need any fixes in last 3 years (except for the shocks). Oil usage is approximately the same as yours, though ;)