So much trouble as well as MONEY!!!

My truck has had one problem after another... Is this normal fo anyone else? 1989 Amigo. I love it and it cute but... Now for some reason we have had a
strange burning smell when the headlikgts are on ( for about a week) and just last night when you put it into gear it wont move...whats that about. HELP! Thanks Smooches