Speaking of O2 sensor

I noticed my O2 sensor light on my dash of my 1993 Rodeo has been on for sometime now, what does this sensor relate to and will I notice any change by getting this changed out....off topic is this a fix I can doing on my
own? expensive?
Thanks for your time.
Cheers!
I don't know about the Rodeo, but my parent's 93 Trooper has an O2 light. It dutifully turns on every 90k miles. Not sure if the Rodeo has the same instrument cluster and method of turning it off (assuming it's even turning on for that reason), here's how I turned off their 93 Trooper's light.
http://www.megley.com/trooper/o2.html
Wesley

right, but i wonder if this O2 sensor needs to be changed out every 90,000KM or if the light just needs to be disabled? think it would be wise to get this changed out?
thanks

I think it shows that as the recommended interval. Interesting thing is, the 93 Trooper's manual says 90k interval. Our 94 Trooper manual says 90k for the DOHC engine, but says nothing about the SOHC engine. The 93 has the SOHC engine...
Wesley