Speaking of transmission dip sticks

Every time I try to check the trans fluid on our 92 V/6 Rodeo I get flustered because it's a bitch to get a clear reading. When I had it flushed and refilled I think the guys at One Stop Lube over filled it. What is the best way? Hot? Cold? Idle speed? Tricks? TIA.

Frank

Reply to
`F.H

AFAIK it is like most other trannies with a dipstick which should be checked hot or cold [there are probably two sets of marks on the stick] with the engine idling and the tranny in P having been through all the positions at least once. If in doubt, check with warm oil against the hot marks on the stick. It should not be overfilled and any residual oil swept onto the stick from the long tube should not be confused with the real level. Look at both sides of the stick and assume the side which shows the lowest level is correct.

Huw

Reply to
Huw