starter problem

I have a 99 Trooper with 108,000 miles. I just replace the starter and battery. The trooper ran great for about a week. It will not crank now. Have any suggestions.

On 17 Nov 2006 08:07:23 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@cccti.edu wrote:

I have constant problems with this also (just under 200k miles with an 84 Trooper). The permanence of each fix of the starter depends a lot on how thorough the mechanic is in chasing down any shorts that are affecting the system, whether they bother to properly tighten the mounting bolts, etc. and also on whether you are getting regular lube and oil changes, Troopers are noted for getting into repetitious starter trouble eventually.
My best suggestion is take it to an actual dealer mechanic, even if that costs more, and demand warrantied repair (so that they'll check into the things that actually need checking, like whether the starter is trying to crank a stuck engine because of a bad bearing or whether a chassis short is screwing up the electrical system, etc).