Thinking to purchase '03 Rodeo

My wife and I are considering to purchase an '03 Rodeo. I drive a '75 CJ 5 as an everyday driver and 4 wheeler here in Vail. Thats beside the question, only to let you know that I care off-road. Does the Rodeo size up to the 4 Runner? My friend has a past model Rodeo (95 or 96) and loves it. The older one's seemed tougher though. I want the 4 Runner, but don't want the $30,000 + price tag for my options. eg. skid plates, suspension upgrades, etc. The vehicle will see 12 + days/year of 25 - 50 mile trails. I like the gas mileage, etc, but need to know reliability?

Thanks in advance, Paul

Reply to
Paul Brogren

IMHO the Rodeo is more capable for off roading. However, it lacks the creature comforts the 4Runners have. There are very few SUV's being produced that are truly off road capable. The Rodeo is one that still is. I have a '99 Amigo now with about 45K on it and love it. A bit simple and plain but the low cost for the performance is great.

Reply to
Miles

Thanks Miles,

Your right, very few are capable now. I don't need the cushy comfort things either. I'm happy to hear that the Rodeo's can still hold their own. They seem pretty maintenance friendly too.

Reply to
Paul Brogren