Timing Belt warning light - how do you switch it off

Hi, does anyone know how to turn off the Timing belt warning light that has come on in my 1993 Trooper 3.1 TD. It came on when the mileage reached 120,000 miles. I had the belt replaced when I bought the vehicle at 84,000 so the belt should be Ok for a bit longer.

Thanks

Norman

Reply to
Norman

There is a reset button up behind the dash somewhere. By far the easiest method, which is entirely effective and discrete, is to cut a half inch square of black plastic tape over the bulb area. Next most sensible is take the bulb out. If you really must, then grope around for that damn reset button which I couldn't find and that could mean dismantling the dash....... so they say. I couldn't be bothered because, like you, I know when it should next be changed and have a label in the door shut to remind me.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

Hi there Huw, thanks for the info.

Norman

Reply to
Norman

I've been saving the following...

Article: 18545 of alt.autos.isuzu Path: news.nextra.co.uk!peernews.cix.co.uk!newspeer1-gui.server.ntli.net!ntli.ne t!kibo.news.demon.net!news.demon.co.uk!demon!not-for-mail From: "Ploggo" Newsgroups: alt.autos.isuzu Subject: Re: Timing belt light Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 13:49:07 +0100 Lines: 28 Message-ID: References:

12:52:21 GMT) X-Complaints-To: snipped-for-privacy@demon.net NNTP-Posting-Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 12:52:21 +0000 (UTC) X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.50.4133.2400 X-Priority: 3 X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.50.4133.2400 X-MSMail-Priority: Normal Xref: news.nextra.co.uk alt.autos.isuzu:18545

Hi

To cancel lamp remove instrument pod on the rear there are 3 holes in a line vertical 1 will house a screw the opposite will be taped over maybe !!! remove screw & relocate in vacant hole ignoring the centre hole this simply operates a changeover cam allowing the mileometer to start counting again any probs let me know

Reply to
Paul Cohen

This is really easy to do , I did it on mine there are only about 6 screws to take out and all the wires on the back just plug out so you can get the dash out , it took me about half an hour and i was doing it by gueswork . Charlie

Reply to
Charlie