Transmission dip stick leak

I have an 02 GMC Envoy with 70,200 miles i just bought used in October this year, Transmission oil is coming out from the dip stick after i drive a few
miles and therefore splashes on the engine and starts smoking!! Any suggestions?

but I'll try to help. First, you have to eliminate the possibility that someone overfilled the transmission - either by checking the fluid level warm (or cold, whatever your manual says) and seeing what it is. If it's overfilled, that is probably your problem. If not, you may want to see how the fluid looks first to see if it's brown and smells burned... if so, you'll need a transmission rebuild. Finally, do a transmission pan drop and check to see what condition your filter is in, although that won't cause fluid to come out your filler pipe, but it will give you a chance to drain and refill the transmission with the right amount of fluid and you'll have a clean filter, which you need to do anyway at 70K miles. Hope this helps. r/ Steve