Transmission leak, 94 Rodeo.

I have a 94 Rodeo with 5 speed manual trans. It has an intermittent leak that appears to be coming from the top of the transmission and running down. Has anyone experienced this? Is there a seal or gasket where the shifter
attaches on the trans. that could need replacing? Thanks, Rob.

gasket
had the same problem with my 93 with the japanese 5 speed, console removal was very simple, just the shift knob and 3 or 4 screws, then the rubber boot just unplugged from the transmission hump in the floor exposing the shifter and top of trans. mine was leaking between the shifter housing and the top of the trans case. just removed the shifter housing, cleaned both parts with brake cleaner, applied a thin coat of silicone gasket maker, and re-installed, no more leak. very simple 20-30 minute permanent fix...
-