Trooper 3.1TD Engine Heater

It sounds as if it has climate control rather than plain air-con.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

...which us a pretty high standard to begin with.

Sure, the Land Cruiser was my first choice but only really high-end models available here so my wallet decided otherwise.. :-/

Reply to
madiba

Jeepers, you mean Opel/Isuzu lied to me in the owner's manual? If so, is oil-over-fuel better or worse than a common rail diesel?

Reply to
madiba

It certainly is.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

vehicles'.

absolute

unit-injector

Their owners manual is not the most accurate.

It could be much better if executed correctly due to the higher injection pressures possible compared to common-rail. Isuzu marketing seem to want to be on the common rail bandwagon because, presumably, it is too much bother and counterproductive to explain that their system is better. Much easier to answer the question, "is this a common rail engine"? with a "yes" than go into reams of non productive explanation when all the customer wants is a common rail engine. Volkswagen have got this right and they make no bones about their 'pumpe duse' unit injector engines producing more power and torque than rivals cr lumps.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

Thats a good Idea :) But no, I live around Hamilton, which is in a river valley, meaning we get cold air landing on us from up int he hills, and the rest of the time I'm out on the coast with nice warn sea breezes :) but either place I have never needed the heating system. If I was in Otago or Cantabury, it would probably be useful, but up here no real reason to use it.

rhys

Reply to
rnf2

Reply to
rnf2

"Ploggo" wrote

Never any probs with rust in my '88 and I'm in a country where the sea is never more than 100 miles away. Plenty of time out here on the coast with no rust.

rhys

Reply to
rnf2

doddle

Hmm. The old square models are now falling apart here and failing MOT inspections because of chassis rust. The bodies are also well rusted, especially wheelarches and door bottoms, especially rear doors. The difference between the last of that model and the first of the more rounded model is very pronounced indeed from far and close up.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

How much salt is used on the roads? Here it's only grit, sand and small rough stuff, not salt. At least as far as I know. And the older Isuzus are still pretty rust free. I prefer the look of the square Isuzus, All new 4x4s seem just too soap-bubble like, only the Defender range from LR, the Toyota Landcruiser 70 flatdeck and the Jeep Wrangler really look like solid offroaders now.

rhys

Reply to
rnf2

Sorry Huw,

VW and Land Rover do not use oil over fuel type injectors.

Reply to
Dave

They certainly do use unit pump injectors. Not the Caterpillar design though. They certainly do not use common rail in the relevant engines. Is that precise and accurate enough for you? :-)

Huw

Reply to
Huw

pressed &

rusted,

Enough, most of the time. Yes, it is salt!

Huw

Reply to
Huw

I agree they do use pump injectors, however only the Isuzu ones rely on oil not the land rover or VW ones as your original statement claimed.

Is that accurate enough for you !

Reply to
Dave

Yes. I know it and you know it and you know that I know it. Now everyone knows it.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

OK Lads we all it ?? Not sure wot though Spoke to me Techie mate this am, who insits that he remains anonemouse. But also insists that I keep my hands firmly cuffed, If I have any inclination towards buying a 3.0 ltr

Reply to
Ploggo

Reply to
Ploggo

Strange, isn't it? I have the same feelings about win xp that you have for the 3.0 diesel. :-)

Reply to
Howard Neil

Reply to
Ploggo

Wow, what a lot of responses that one started. Now winter is finally upon us (UK) oh and we won the Rugby. I will be trying the bizarre enginey heaty thingy. In my previous truly mega scientific experiments I could not seem to get the engine or the car to warm up faster. Obviously this was all done in a scientifcally controlled environment, under strict test conditions. My test equipment (my hands) could not detect any difference trying the car one day with the heatery thing and one day without. I will keep trying.

Oh as a matter of note I tried the switch with different combinations of heater controls, hot cold etc. none made any difference. However if the car was warm the switch would not light up.

As for reliability I will wait and see we have had the 3.1TD trooper for 1 year and it has been great. I hate to say this but most of the time the wife takes the kids to school in it. In the UK apparently that's a crime and we should have some crap little girls shopping car that does 5000 miles per gallon. Well lets see who wins when we play chicken eh? My kids love the trooper especially when we go off road and most of the time my wife likes it except when the insurance need replacing. Anyone in the UK know a good deal. We pay £750 around $1000 ish.

It is slow but gets there eventually, and always feels like nothing could stop it. All I need to do is fix the Air Con

Now anyone want to tackle global poverty?

"Dave Wood" news:3faa7566$0$3346$ snipped-for-privacy@news.dial.pipex.com...

Reply to
Dave Wood