Trooper 3.1TD LWB Citation

Hi,

Friend has one of the above for sale. I'm sorely tempted to replace my

1988 Range Rover with it. The Trooper is a 1993 model and has done 117K miles - half with the current, third owner. As a complete novice in the Trooper stakes can you give me some pointers as to what I should look for when deciding whether or not to buy this vehicle?

Rgds Richard

Reply to
Richard Savage

Chassis rusting at very front and in rear wheelarch area. Door window mechanism and switch packs not very reliable and exceedingly expensive to replace. Sundry electrical and switch problems. Water pump bearings. Make sure timing belt has been changed or do change it if not recently logged as being done. Free wheel hubs may be noisy and reluctant to operate. A nice performer and a better bet than Daihatsu.

Huw

Reply to
Huw