Trooper 3.2 Engine Ticking - Auto-RX

I've read the many posts here concerning the 3.2 engine's perchant for "ticking". I have a '96 Trooper that I bought used about a year ago.

124k on the clock now. Previous maint patterns unknown, but my guess is it was a bit neglected. It's always ticked, mostly when cold until a couple of miles into it, then the tick goes away for the most part. It does hit a "sweet spot" where it rarely ticks when cold and then drives normally. At worse, it ticks a lot, kinda telling me to change the oil.

I've been running Mobil 1 the last half dozen changes, using their

10w30 High Mileage formula the last two. About a week ago the ticking went to "full time", which it has never done. It was nearing its oil change time so I decided to toss in 0w30 and see if that would really clean it out. I did the change but no go, I still have the tick full time... maybe some real goo was dislodged and is really blocking the oil ports, or...?

Anyways, has anyone used Auto-RX and how well did it work? From what I've read on the 'net, it seems like folks have had good success with it really cleaning their engines and all the nooks and crannies. If the full time tick doesn't go away, I'm tempted to give it a try.

Thanks for any input.

Reply to
Steve

I've used Seafoam Automarine with good results on my 99 Amigo V-6. My engine has never been what I'd consider quiet but after driving a 93 Amigo previously, that's pretty much what I expected. You might check out the Planet Izuzu at

as they tend to have more traffic than this newsgroup does.Andy

99 Amigo V6 124K
Reply to
Busman

Thanks for the planetisuzu tip. Lots of good stuff on that site!

Reply to
Steve

Could also be a sign that you need to adjust the valves. I know mine are overdue but I haven't had time to mess with it. Andy

99 Amigo V6
Reply to
Busman