Trooper Alarm system problems

I have a 95 Trooper that now passively sets the alarm every time I exit, even though the alarm switch is in the OFF position. The passive alarm sets after about 20seconds. When I then use the key to open the door, I have about 10seconds to put the key in the ignition before the alarm goes off. Moving the switch to ON and OFF does not help. I called the dealer and they told me that the key had to be in the ignition before moving the Alarm ON/OFF switch to have it work properly. Tried this several times with no luck. I have had the Alarm off for several years and now all a sudden it is stuck in the ON position. I am getting ready to take out the Alarm Fuse. Does anyone know what is causing this problem? or how to fix it? Does anyone know if removing the alarm fuse will cause any other unexpected problems? ( I do not believe that the ignition is locked out by the alarm system.......does anyone know for sure). Does anyone know of a phone number to call or a webpage for Isuzu that would have information on this? Thanks.......

Reply to
Chris

I had a similar problem with my 1993 Trooper. Every time I unlocked the door with the key the alarm sounded and could only be stopped by inserting the key in the ignition lock and turning the key one click or further. (I have never discovered a switch for turning the alarm on or off)

I resolved the problem by taking it to a local Isuzu garage. The wiring loom in the door was replaced along with the door lock switch. This cost £150 in 2001.

Norman

Reply to
Norman

snipped-for-privacy@netzero.net (Chris) jotted down a note in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com: