Trooper turbo noise like a police sirens

Dear All: Recently my trooper (1996 Diesel Intercooler Turbo 3.1D) have big noise (V...V..)when I driving, The repairman told me it should a noise of the turbo bearing attrition, and he told me no one can repair the turbo inside because of the design. Whether I need to replace a whole set of it, or keep driving it is whether safe? Best Regards, Chan Wai Lun

Reply to
Lun

You need a new turbocharger. To avoid this in the future, idle the vehicle for 30-60 seconds each time before you turn it off. If you do not want to wait each time, you can buy one of these:

Nate

Reply to
Nate V

My 95 Trooper has always sounded like this. Owned from new and always run on synthetic oil and fitted with a turbo timer.

Nic

Reply to
Jet Monkey

Mine's a little worse when cold, but of course it makes a funny noise as turbo's do!!!

Nige

Reply to
Nige

When I disassembled the turbo unit, I discovered it was damages in fact, there are some engine oil in outlet tube, bearing are damages, fan blade in the exhaust side also burst, all matters make me very sad. I have ordered new turbo from England, and it will arrive at next monday.

Reply to
Lun