UK.Trooper..charging or not !

Just had to replace the 2 batteries ..140.. trouble is...the voltmeter does`nt show the batteries are charging until the vehicle has been running for
5 or 6 mins..so on short runs they get insufficent charge...garage said the batteries ar shot.. I think the charging system is, so after the wife shouts for help from the local supermarket twice in 1 week...wham goes 2 nights on the ale. Anybody got any ideas how to tweek the charging system...? Got offered ..wait for it...6,500 part ex.. `98 3Ltr 26,000mls cost 21,500 less than 5yrs back...it`s dropping faster than my old Jag and that`s done 125,000 mls...one new head gasket, one new chain tensioner, and loads of windscreen wiper blades.. Peter J..

Yeah - but the last few new UK ones - LWB 3.0D Citation are selling for 21,600 now & that's the sticker price, so I'm not that surprised.
Cheers Andrew Kay
There you go 3.0 ltr the word is out got offered 5.5 for my 3.1 against a Colorado On the charging issue do you have a Multimeter ???? Ploggo

against a

On a real money basis that is probably only 3000 you are getting at the most, or at least that is what it is costing the dealer to sit there. If he sells it on for 5500 then he will have made at least 2500 profit between the new and old vehicle.
Huw