UK Trooper what alternater..?

You got me there Ploggo..she`s got her motor tomorrow..will scan the alt when she gets home..did`nt do starting current test. biggest d.c. meter I have is off my welding set fsd 400amp. and with 2batteries in circuit i would have to put it in series with the starter motor...had enough grief for one day, noticed the beast needs another two new super diggers ..£120 a piece..tut...tut... regards peter J.

To Nick Adams...did you find out anymore from your dealer about recalls on your trooper?..found it a little odd myself not to receive any official notification..glad i phoned the right dealer.. or could have ended up with mega bill..

Anyone else in UK ..with simular probs`

Was thinking of sticking a Lada badge on mine and trying to export it...

Reply to
peter J

Ploggo.. I.can`t sus` out make or model of alternator...any ideas..apart from taking it off.. anyone know where i can get a workshop manual..or cd rom disc.?....will gladly pay reasonable price..Reading back some of the earlier posts ...about fuel dilution into engine oil.. my sump gained over a pint of diesel before i realised the injectors were leaking. .i`m keeping an eye on it now .starts better since new inj` sleeves but still manage to bleed a little air from palm pump from time to time..wander if it`s leaking peter J

Reply to
peter J

If you drop me a line with your address on, I will send you a copy of the workshop manual CD and a full list of all Isuzu service bulletins issued until 2002 on CD.

Dave.

Reply to
Dave

ideas..apart

Reply to
Ploggo

Is this available for the UK 3.0 diesel Trooper? If so, where?

Cheers Andrew Kay

Reply to
Andrew Kay

Ploggo,

The workshop manual covers UBS vehicles from 1999 - 2002. Engines covered include both 3.0 (4JX1) and 3.1 (4JG2) as well as 3.2 and 3.5 petrol engines (6VD1 and 6VE1). This includes general export LHD & RHD as well as US versions.

The service bulletin covers all Isuzu vehicles including UBS.

disc.?....will

Reply to
Dave

Hello Dave, I stumbled across your post on talkabout on the net, i own a garage in Jamaica and i am having a lot of the problems you are talking about in the post and i am unable get any information about these (1998 and up ISUZU TROOPERS with the 4JX1 engine) . I have replaced 4 turbos and 1 oil strainer in the past 2 months, and sent

3 vehicles to the dealer for injector sleeve replacement. The dealer is very tight lipped about all of this and they claim i need a special tool to replace the sleeves. And they charge me everytime for the service and parts. So could you please contact me and possibly send me the same info you offered to send the person that created the post on the trooper any help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance Kurt
Reply to
Kurt

The upgrades/repairs you mention for the 4JX1 engine, i.e. injector sleeves, turbo & oil strainer are done under the importers warranty (International Motors, Isuzu UK) in the UK - i.e. they are free of charge to the owners. I know this, because I have just had them all done on my Trooper - at no cost to me - by a UK Isuzu main dealer.

It may help if you talk to the importer. It's not impossible that they also regard these as warranty repairs.

Cheers Andrew Kay

Reply to
Andrew Kay

UK dealers will only carry out the service campaigns you mention for vehicles registered within Europe (not Cyprus) up to April 2004.

The biggest problem is that as 4JX1 is not sold in every market, the dealer may not have received Isuzu training so cannot repair these things.

Kurt, pleae drop me a line and I will answer your questions as soon as I can.

Dave.

Reply to
Dave