Wanted: Isuzu radio wiring

I've got the radio/tape player I took out of our 2002 Trooper when I put in a nice new CD/MP3 player. I'd now like to take that Isuzu radio and put it in my Dodge caravan. I've gotten an adapter bracket and can mount the radio. What I now need is the plug and a few inches of wires to plug into the back of the radio.

From the research I've done, that plug is the same in the 96-02 Troopers and

95.5-04 Rodeos. Does anyone have a junker around they'd be willing to cut out and part with that plug and a few inches of the wires?

I called a local junkard and finally convinced them that I could get the part I wanted out of a Rodeo, said they had a few...about $20 for the part. Went by at lunch and the jerk I talked to couldn't get past the fact that his computer said the only thing compatible was a 98-01 Trooper or something like that. He just flat wouldn't talk to me further. DO YOU WANT MY MONEY OR NOT!!!?!?!?!??? I finally just had to give up and walk out...don't know when I've last been so ticked. Just stay away from F&K in Harrisonburg, VA. They obviously don't want your business.

And of course I can't find one elsewhere that's reasonably close...

If you have or know where I can find (reasonably priced) the part I need, please contact me at snipped-for-privacy@megley.com. I'll leave that account open a few weeks and then I'll get rid of it...I'm sure it will accumulate spam quickly. You can also post here and I'll get your message.

Thanks!

Wesley

Reply to
Wesley

Carl

I tried Crutchfield (I live near one, which is nice!) and got the mount from them, but they only have the opposite plug - that hooks into the factory wiring. I tried the local Isuzu dealer, but they couldn't get just that part.

I'm getting tempted to break out the soldering iron.... :-)

Thanks,

Wesley

Reply to
Wesley