where to get replacement speakers for Trooper?

can anyone recommend replacement speaker vendor, preferably a place online where I can just order it and receive a kit to pop out old speakers and pop in the new speakers.
no need for any special upgrade considerations and these don't have to be factory speakers
would like to replace at least the front door speakers, getting lots of distortion for bass

Pioneer works like a charm, bought mine at BestBuy. I remember they had fit guide in the shop. Changed just the front door speakers, it made a world of difference. Buy at least 2-way speakers (preferably 3-way). Alternatively try crutchfield.com
Peter
"Peter" wrote

many thanks for the suggestion. would you care to elaborate on how you chose the pioneer or did the guide contain just one selection?
any tools required other than screwdriver?
Don't know what year your Trooper is, but my '99 takes a round 6 1/2" in front doors and round 4" in rear.
I bought a pair of Sony 2 way for the front. They were a significant improvement. The 3 way was too deep. Installation was easy, but I did have to splice 4 wires on each side. Not a problem, but pay attention to the polarity, i.e., positive/negative connections.
I bought the Sony's based on buyers reviews at Circuit City's web site.
Max
On 28 Oct 2003 12:19:16 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@mailinator.com (Joe Isuzu) wrote:

fit
of
Alternatively
Just about major brand will perform much better than stock speaekers. I just happen to like Pioneers...

Yes, wire splitter and some tape. That should do it.
Peter
bought pioneer speakers from crutchfield installation was simply with a screwdriver as they included a harness that plugged in to the old connector in the door
only odd item was the screwholes did not align to the 3 holes in the door
sound is superb
the old fujitsu (original) speakers had rotted out around the magnet
"Max Tindell" wrote

ok, price for the pair about $50 ? thanks, will check them out also I suspect any new speakers (Sony, Pioneer) will do just fine