window controls

is there a place to buy one of the powerwindow buttons (driver's side)? The plastic button to control the passenger side front window. inside are two control strips (on bottom) and a spring inside the button

..or do I have to buy the entire control panel for the windows just to replace one plastic button?

all windows actuators still work fine

Reply to
Lenny Innes

Not sure which vehicle you're talking about...but the 92-94 or so Troopers are all one unit, no way to easily replace just one part.

Don't know if they'd be of any use to you or anyone else, but I made some notes about that style window switches on my web site at

Wesley

Reply to
Wesley

if I do decide to spend the $200 per door module, how does it pop out of the door handle? just pry with a screwdriver or are there hidden screws somewhere? it is a 93 trooper.

Reply to
Lenny Innes

I don't recall if I pulled out any of them other than the driver's door, but just pulled up and out - didn't even really need a screwdriver to pry with I don't think. Pretty sure the other doors are the same. No screws.

You might want to try dis-assembling the switch assembly and cleaning it up. I remember there being a good bit of carbon deposits on the contacts. Could be that's the only problem. If it's not the driver's door unit, it should be less expensive to replace also.

Wesley

Reply to
Wesley

hmm... the plastic module is of course absolutely flat on the door handle so not sure what you pulled as there is only a flat surface and I imagine you must have used something for leverage (?) in order to *lift* the module/switch panel

I ordered the drivers side, figured I'd use the spare working switches from that one and use them as needed for the passenger side

Reply to
Lenny Innes

I just went out and peeked at our 94 again...you have to pull out the switch and the black plastic surrounding it - it comes out as one unit....just lifts right out. I hope for your sake I'm wrong, but I'm nearly positive the driver's side is all one assembly - not individual switches you can pull out and use for the other doors...

Wesley

Reply to
Wesley