window controls

is there a place to buy one of the powerwindow buttons (driver's side)? The plastic button to control the passenger side front window. inside are two control strips (on bottom) and a spring inside the button
..or do I have to buy the entire control panel for the windows just to replace one plastic button?
all windows actuators still work fine
Not sure which vehicle you're talking about...but the 92-94 or so Troopers are all one unit, no way to easily replace just one part.
Don't know if they'd be of any use to you or anyone else, but I made some notes about that style window switches on my web site at http://www.megley.com/trooper/window.html
Wesley

The plastic

replace one

Wesley wrote:

if I do decide to spend the $200 per door module, how does it pop out of the door handle? just pry with a screwdriver or are there hidden screws somewhere? it is a 93 trooper.
I don't recall if I pulled out any of them other than the driver's door, but just pulled up and out - didn't even really need a screwdriver to pry with I don't think. Pretty sure the other doors are the same. No screws.
You might want to try dis-assembling the switch assembly and cleaning it up. I remember there being a good bit of carbon deposits on the contacts. Could be that's the only problem. If it's not the driver's door unit, it should be less expensive to replace also.
Wesley

Troopers
the door

it is a 93

Wesley wrote:

hmm... the plastic module is of course absolutely flat on the door handle so not sure what you pulled as there is only a flat surface and I imagine you must have used something for leverage (?) in order to *lift* the module/switch panel
I ordered the drivers side, figured I'd use the spare working switches from that one and use them as needed for the passenger side
I just went out and peeked at our 94 again...you have to pull out the switch and the black plastic surrounding it - it comes out as one unit....just lifts right out. I hope for your sake I'm wrong, but I'm nearly positive the driver's side is all one assembly - not individual switches you can pull out and use for the other doors...
Wesley

so
from