1998 XJR intermittent misfire ?

I have a 1998 XJR which has recently developed an intermittent fault where it will some days have power drops under very light acceleration. Accelerate hard and it goes fine. Sometimes the effect is very bad and you wonder if the car is going to stall out (it never has though), and it will just jerk along till you accelerate harder.

I have repeatedly had the car back at the jag main dealer - and they have so far replaced the n/s wiring loom, and most recently the air flow meter, but so far no improvement.

The car has had a new engine about a 18 months ago and a new throttle body before that. It has also had an Romano sequential LPG conversion 8 months ago, but the problem occurs with either fuel and also with the lpg system disabled

If anyone has any ideas that might save my sanity..

Reply to
fogey66

Sounds like a spark/high tension lead/distributor problem.

PyroJames.

Reply to
PyroJames