1999 stype heater problem

I have a 1999 s type the heater refuses to put out hat air although the aircon blows cold I only get cold air when I raise the temperature on the controls. Jaguar have said that it requires a thermostat housing at over £220 plus fitting. Anyone know if it is possible to refurb the thermostat , I believe that it is the control valve ob the lower right hand side of the radiator, there is a connector feeding what looks like two solenoid valves that someone suggested may be seized closed and not letting hot water to the heater matrix in the system.

any ideas please a cold jag driver

Reply to
work

Stepper motor valves; I would'nt replace without knowing the controller is correct.

Reply to
Blake Dodson

OH. You could always remove the vales and put a hose iin their place until you get it fixed.

Reply to
Blake Dodson

Another quality Jaguar part fitted to a new car !!!

Reply to
Stuart Adair

6 years old is hardly new. D
Reply to
Dsybok

Have you sorted your heater problem yet? The sticking thermo causes some strange problems, the engine may well not overheat due to the high efficiency of the engine (V8) especially with the current weather. Thermostats are about £20 from Jaguar. Mine caused some strange effects a couple of years ago and today appears to have started sticking again. Check radiator is hot, this will give you an indication of water flow through the radiator, but the pipes to it will heat up through heat-soak so don't be fooled. You will not get much if any heat into the heater circuit on a day like today. The heater valve is also known to stick badly. It's best to operate it from max to min once a week all year round. They cost about £120.

Best of luck.

Reply to
Stagman