1999 XJ8 won't shift from park and door locks don't work

My 1999 XJ8 won't shift from park and door locks don't work. I have checked the fuse for the door locks and it is okay. Both problems started at the same time. I found on the web a guy had a similar problem. That guy solved it by having it mysteriously go away. I need a more definitive solution. Could it be a relay? If so which one and where? Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
bob

I don't know anything about the XJ8, but I've seen the alarm module cause this problem in other cars. Did your door automatically lock when you put it in Drive?

Reply to
Billy