2001 Vanden Plas or 2003 XJ8??

Greetings: I have been in the market for awhile and have noticed that the 01 VDP and the 03 XJ8 are similarly priced for low-mileage (<

30,000) models. Both come in in the high $20's. The question is whether the additional room/luxury of the VDP is worth buying a car two years older. Anyone have a strong thought? Am I missing out on some major tech upgrades? Thanks.
Reply to
Skeeve47

It's a luxury model. Nicer trim, piping, wood, rear tables and sheepskin floor mats. A few features that are standard on the VDP are optional on the regular LW cars. IMO, I'll stay with the VDP's.

Reply to
Jon A

I had a serious look at the LWB, then decided against it. In the UK at least, the standard (short!) wheelbase Jag is too long for the average parking space - it always sticks out, and can be a little awkward in some of the older car parks I ocassionally use. As the driver, the extra rear legroom makes no difference to me, and the kids are both still young, so they don't have trouble with rear leg room and wouldn't appreciate the extras such as electrically adjustable rear seats (looking at the UK specs, and assuming the VDP is pretty much the Daimler spec over here).

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Haigh