2002 Lincoln LS - Front Suspension Noise

Hello...my girlfriend has a 2002 Lincoln LS with over 130K miles on it.

The front-end makes a banging noise, like something is very loose or broken, when the car hits even a very small bump in the road.

The ball joints and some kind of "arms" and bushing were replaced. The

changes had no effect.

Any advice would really be appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

Reply to
John

Loose shock absorber?? Bad front stabilizer bushing?? Loose motor mount??

Reply to
WayneC

Reply to
Blake Dodson

Seriously,

These types of noises can be hard to determine exactly *where* they are truly coming from. Have a good shop comb over the car to locate the source of the noise.

I have seen shocks with internal problems make noise, steering racks, and even auxillary system mounts come loose. Good luck.

Ok, and if you replaced those front end parts to eliminate the noise, I would lean on that shop to help rectify things.

DieInterim

Reply to
Blake Dodson

Had the same problem with my 2001 S-type banging noise like metal to metal. My lower ball joints had a little play in them so I changed them thinking that was the noise, noise was still there. My mechanic at that point wanted to change the sway bar bushings that had no play in them and looked fine, we changed them and the noise went away.

Reply to
twok2000

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net, you are correct!

Here's an update. After two private shops failed to diagnose the problem, we tried a Lincoln dealer and they fixed it.

The dealer replaced the front sway bar and bushings.

Reply to
John