2003 X type clutch failure !!!

I have a friend with a 2003 X type 3.0 with a manual transmission. The car has under 30K on it and it is now in the shop for its FOURTH clutch replacement. The problem is not with the driver, he has had manual drives all his life. The Jaguar dealer doesn't have a clue as to wjat is going wrong. They replace it all and it lasts about 6 months and time for another. Something is wrong within the trans, clutch or engine, but what? Does anyone have any knowldege of this happening to any other 3.0 X type? Thanks, Rudy

Reply to
rudyeb

Another example of Ford quality parts I fear.

Do you know exactly what part of the clutch is failing and do you know if the dealer is replacing all 3 parts to the clutch (Cover plate, driven plate and release bearing) or just the bit thats wearing out ?

Stu

Reply to
Stuart Adair

Had the clutch replaced on my 2002 2.5 X type at about 40000 miles. It was something to do with the duel mass clutch plate that had gone wrong I think. It was working OK but there was a sort of grinding noise whenever you took up the drive when changing up a gear. They changed the flywheel as well as the full clutch assembly so I wonder if its a problem with the flywheel damaging the clutch.

Liam

Reply to
Liam

google for Ford Falcon clutch problems , one particular model appears to use some of the same components in a high power version and has been quite problematic .

Reply to
atec