3.0 Question and Jag's US Future

This will probably sound ignorant, but I'm still trying to learn about Jaguars in general. I have a couple of questions. Is the 3.0 in the X-Type the same engine as the base 3.0 in the S-Type? I ask because, despite gloomy sales in the US, I have always had a passion for a Jag. The upside to poor sales is that you can find great deals, especially on barely-used X-Types. I don't care if it's a Mondeo/Contour in disguise. That beautiful cat on the front and the styling still says, "Jaguar." But I would not want to buy a car whose existence is threatened. Given the current condition of sales in the US and the financial shape of Ford, what are some of your thoughts on the future of Jaguar here? Will the X be dropped? Will Jaguar as a whole survive here? I know there's another related thread a few spaces below, but the general message was, "So what if Jag dies? It'll make our cars more valuable." I'm the type of person who needs to know whatever brand of car I buy will be around for the long haul.

Reply to
Sills