85 Jag Hood

Hello everyone I'm looking at a 1985 Jag and the cable for the hood is broke driverside is up but the pass. side will not open I need the hood up so I can check under the hood need help .

Reply to
Michael Hardin Sr.

Hi Michael, Fortunately Jaguar made provision for this problem. Look under the fender up high about 10 inches to the rear of the top shock mount and you'll see a round rubber plug. Remove this plug and insert a medium sized screwdriver at an angle of about 45 degrees pointing towards the rear of the car, then move the handle towards the front of the car to release the latch. Good luck. huddo

Reply to
John Hudson

oops, I meant to say point the handle of the screwdriver towards the rear of the car. The idea is to lever the sliding plate that holds the hood pin back to release the pin. huddo huddo

Reply to
John Hudson