'89 XJ6 VDP Bleeding Brakes

HELP! I had a rotor go bad and had to install a new rotor and pads. After installing everything and bleeding all four brakes, it still seems like air is in the line(s). When the engine is off, I can build up pressure on the pedal. When I turn on the engine, the pedal slowly goes to the floor and then I am unable to build pressure on the pedal. If I turn off the engine, I can then build pressure back up on the pedal again. When the engine is off, if I leave off the pedal for a few seconds, the pedal loses pressure again. I don't seem to be losing fluid anywhere. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Reply to
Briggs

Try

lots of pages and books that could help

Reply to
Colin

Reply to
Colin

Hello,

I prefer the two man method with the engine running. Start with th R rear, L rear, R front, and L front.

that >you'll have to bleed the "Base" circuit all over again!

Have fun,

DieInterim

Reply to
DieInterim