89 XJS injectors

Hi, I have an 89 XJS V-12 which I bought new. It has 59000 miles and hasn't been driven much in 10 years. I usually start it up once a month. Last time I went to run it, it wouldn't start and I heard a metallic pinging sound as I cranked it over. I thought maybe I had stuck a valve. Anyway, I pulled the injector rail and manifold and checked compression- all good about 150 all the way. But the pinging sound has now disappeared. Could that have been a bad injector? Also, those short hoses from the rail to the injectors look real brittle- can you buy those seperately.?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
JimInsolo

Check the following link

you should change the injector hoses very soon. Once the get brittle they crack and spill raw gasoline on a very hot engine....do the math.

Reply to
Mattgz