94 XJ40 remote keyless trouble

Hello,

The factory remote keyless entry on our 94 VDP has quit. I replaced the batteries in both remotes, to no avail. It's as if the keyless receiver is no longer functioning. All door locks work, and the car can be locked/unlocked by the key. The "panic" button on the dash locks/unlocks all doors. After locking by the key, the red LED on the top of the dash still blinks as if the security system is armed. But no joy occurs when trying to use either of the remote controls to lock or unlock.

Anyone seen this and have a suggestion?

Cheers, Bill