96 xj6 seat motor quit running

Would like to know if anyone experienced this problem. I have a 1996 XJ6 and all of a sudden the commands for the driver seat motor in all direction quit running. So I am stuck driving the car in my wife's seat position. I have checked the fuses and they all seem to work fine. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks

Reply to
jaglove

Swap fuses, and check that cable connections under the seat haven't come undone; my guess is that there is more than one motor needed to make the seat go in "all directions", so it almost has to be a fuse or a connector.

Reply to
WayneC

Reply to
alan4spamoffd

I have a similar problem with my '95 XJ6 - when you turn the ignition off, the wheel moves inward and the seat backward, but the seat never returns to to the setting I programmed - the wheel does - but the seat is as far back as it can go. I'm going to try swapping the fuses and checking the connects like others have suggested - I'll keep you posted.

Reply to
Bàidh Stidean

Reply to
Mike O'Connor