A/C Climate Conrtol, a mind of its own

03 X-Type. It seem the climate controls have a mind of their own. 30-40% of the time when I restart the car the climate controls start in the Auto mode even though I have not left it in that mode. Also sometimes even though the ambient outside temp is in the high 70's or above and the inside of the car is much warmer the Air Conditioner compressor does not start. I have to turn off the unit completely for 1 -2 minutes restart the climate control unit then it blows nice cold air.

Does anyone know what is the cause of this problem?

Thanks Double Tap

Reply to
Double Tap

I did some research on the NTSB website looking for a TSB that might be related to this problem. I found one SBN 412931 dated March 01, 2003, that I think is related but it only says A/C system inoperative reprogram electronic control module. This service bulletin replaces XT412-S931 dated

11/02.

Does anyone have access to the full bulletin so I will know what it says before I go to a dealer to get it checked out and reprogrammed if necessary.

Thanks, Double Tap

Reply to
Double Tap