Activation of Jaguar Voice on X-Type

Threaded View

Hello, everyone,

I have just traded my 2 year old X-Type in for a 6 month old version
of the same car (X-Type Sport Premium).  The old car had a 6-CD
autochanger in the boot, but the new one didn't (despite the fact that
it is standard on that model).  The dealer agreed quite happily to put
the autochanger from my old Jag into the new one, and it works
perfecty well.

The thing is - the Jaguar Voice in the old car now no longer works,
possibly because the autochanger has been removed.  And the Jaguar
Voice (not standard on my new car) also doesn't work, in spite of the
fact that the dealer thinks the autochanger might have something to do
with the voice control.

I'm curious - and I'm wondering of there is some way of activating the
Jaguar Voice on a car which is already fitted with Blutooth phone
connectivity.  Logic says that if all the bits and pieces for the
phone are there (microphone, speakers etc - it's factory-installed, by
the way) then it is probably a software issue.

Can anyone shed any light on this for me (and possibly countless
millions of other Jaguar owners?

Thanks in advance for any constructive replies.

William

Re: Activation of Jaguar Voice on X-Type

After you exit the car, raise the remote to your mouth and give the
command:
JAGUAR: SIT!